Ignition Wire Processing
Bring your Ignition Wire processing into the 21st century with the MTX Ignition Wire Processor. This system has been specially outfitted to handle the unique demands of processing ignition wire for the automotive and OEM markets. The MTX-Ignition System is ideal for processing ignition wires from 5-10 mm; wire with carbon core, copper core, and other conductors (either folding or crimp or straight crimp); end feed or side feed terminals with straight or angled barrels; and terminals with single, double or triple crimp.
- Industry leading fully integrated solution for processing of ignition cable sets.
- Quick change modular tooling with integrated core wiper optimizes machine performance and minimizes change over.
- Optional resistance testing available with bad sorting and auto-remake.
- Processing of 5 – 10 mm cables, with carbon or copper conductors.
- Material Cutting
- Ignition Cable Processing
- Open Barrel Crimping
- Hot Stamp Marking*
- Ink Jet Marking*
- Marking with Labels*
- Batching of Finished Wires
- Resistance Testing*
- Harness / Job Sequencing
*requires additional accessory purchase
- Wire Sizes
- 5-10mm Ignition wires (Carbon core, copper core, and other conductors)
- Wire Lengths
- 51mm to 100M (2" to 325')
- Strip Lengths
- 0 to 16mm (0 to 0.630") Longer strip lengths may be possible with additional tooling
- End feed and side feed, fold and crimp or straight crimp
- Electrical Requirement
- 208 to 480 Volt, 3 Phase, 50 or 60 Hz
- Air Requirement
- 2.4 l/sec.@ 6 Bar (5 CFM @ 80 PSI)
- Dimensions (LxWxH)
- With Passive Collector - 3175mm x 1730mm x 1840mm (125 in x 70 in x 73 in.)With 4M Collector - 5850mm x 1730mm x 1840mm (230 in x 70 in x 73 in.)Height with guard open - 2900mm (114 in.)
- Shipping Dimensions LxWxH
- 142” (3606mm) x 87” (2209mm) x 83” (2108mm)
- Shipping Weight
- MTX w/2 TU-10s – Approx. 1818kg (4000 lbs.)
Specifications are subject to change without notice, and exceptions may apply depending on application, wire and other variables. Optional equipment may require standard machine modification and/or later specifications.