Bench-top Crimping Unit
The Servo driven Artos TU-16 provides a new level of performance, control and quality
for bench top crimping requirements. By utilizing a servo drive system, the TU-16 allows
for quick change adjustment from standard single cycle operation to split cycle operation.
This feature allows for easier insertion of wires into closed barrel terminals by repeating
an accurate position of the terminal barrel for reduced variation. Additionally, the capture
position of the press is easily learned by simply jogging the press to the desired location,
then the TU-16 remembers that location. The operation stroke is also easily adjusted from
40 to 30mm by the flip of a switch.
The quiet electronic control operates on 220V 1 phase power, and features both a forward and reverse jog mode for set-up and resetting of the crimping unit. The TU- 16 also includes a standard pneumatic feed kit for operation of air-feed applicators. A Heavy Duty version is also available for more demanding crimping applications. The optional crimp force monitor provides for quality monitoring of each crimp.
- High Quality Servo Control
- Easily Toggle Between Split Cycle and Standard Operation
- Forward and Reverse Jog Mode
- Built in Light Focused on Crimping Tooling
- Easy Opening Safety Guard and Quick Release Base
- Integrated Pneumatic Feed System
- Optional Crimp Force Monitor Available
- Optional Micro-Adjust Crimp Height (0.0001 inch)
- WIRE RANGE
- Standard – up to 12 AWG (4 mm²) HD – up to 10 AWG (6 mm²)
- CRIMPING FORCE
- Standard – 13 kN (3000 lbs) HD – 20 kN (4500 lbs)
- 200 – 240V, 6A, 50/60 Hz, 1ph.
- PNEUMATIC SUPPLY
- 6-8 bar (80 PSI) only needed if air feed or funnel applicators are used.
- NOISE LEVEL
- 62 DBA, idle, 72 DBA crimping
- Selectable for 30mm (1.18”) or 40mm (1.57”)
- SHUT HEIGHT
- 135.78 mm (5.346”) or 119.7 mm (4.713”) Position can be calibrated with a dial in the RAM. Asian style adaptors are available in options list
- 90 kg (200 lbs)
- DIMENSIONS W x H x D
- 356 x 750 x 12.5mm (14 x 29.5 x 12.5”). Excludes reel brackets
- Heavy Duty (HD) Version
Micro Crimp Height Adjustment
Specifications are subject to change without notice, and exceptions may apply depending on application, wire and other variables. Optional equipment may require standard machine modification and/or later specifications.